Chris Pleim has over 50 years of experience including extensive apprenticeships and many years of independent service to individuals and
commercial clients. Chris can provide references at any time, representing a variety of services and customers.
Chris and his technicians have, collectively, over 70 years of experience and together provide friendly and professional service.
- On-site tuning
- On-site major and minor regulation service.
- On-site voicing
- Dampp-Chaser Piano Life Saver humidity control systems (Certified Installer)
- Appraisals for insurance & charitable donations
- Inspections (pre- and post-sale)
- Fair Market Valuations
- Evaluations for Repair & Rebuilding Work
- Action Replacement & Rebuilding
- Replacement Hammers with 12+ choices of custom hammer felt
- Custom Touch-weight Analysis & Modification
- Stanwood Precision Touch Design
- WNG (Wessell, Nickel & Gross) Composite Actions
- Renner, Abel and Tokiwa Traditional Action Parts
- Complete Repair of Pinblocks and Soundboards
- New Sound Boards and Bridges
- Hand Rubbed Lacquer Refinishing
- Piano moving
Servicing Brand Names:
- Steinway and Sons
- Mason & Hamlin
- and other fine brands
Chris Pleim is a licensed installer of the Stanwood Precision Touch-Design system
for action setups. This system allows for precison balance, meeting users preferences with exactness in balance and action feel.
Chris and his staff are also certified installers of the WNG Composite Action System.
Chris also works closely with Boaz Kirschenbaum, a former Steinway Hall Concert Department tuner, who also trained
in Hamburg at the Steinway Academy of Concert Technicians. Boaz has 20+ years experience and is also a licensed
Stanwood Precision Touch Design Installer, WNG action specialist, and certified Dampp-Chaser Piano Life Saver installer.